Sunday, July 11, 2010

I Fell Off the Wagon


I know this is supposed to be a blog about going off the grid and living frugally, but I have to admit something to my loyal followers: I went shopping yesterday. For stuff I didn't even need. And it felt good. I bought underwear--even though cats don't wear clothes--and a book of children's Bible stories for the human kid. She had tired of hearing me repeat the loaves and fishes story over and over, so I needed some new material for bedtime. (Yes, I know I could've easily looked up these stories in my personal Bible, but I prefer the illustrated, kids' version.)

I also bought some rocks glasses. And a bottle of banana liqueur and a 2-liter of Mountain Dew for a housewarming gift. I do not regret that purchase, as the Monkey Dews we drank were the highlight of the party. (The liqueur was only $9.99, a half price savings of the $19.99 bottle of ouzo that I'd originally considered buying.) Since I refrained from buying the Betty Boop shot glasses, I think I've seen the error of my ways. All I can do now is get back to my original goal. On a positive notes, I paid off my Lowe's card, so I guess it all evens out. Tomorrow's another day, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment